- Goat Meat
- Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- Green Pepper (Optional)
- Vegetable Oil
- Seasoning Cubes
1. Wash the goat meat and cut into small, bite sized pieces.
2. Marinate the goat meat for about an hour or over night, I did mine over night.
Marinate it by adding seasoning cubes, salt and onion to the goat meat in a bowl. Then cover it and place it in the fridge. This will enhance the flavour to the goat meat and also make it tender.
3. After that, boil the goat meat for 20 minutes or more till it is half cooked then transfer it into the oven and grill till it is ready. Traditional asun is made outside in an open grill like the type for Suya. The important thing is the Smokey taste and your oven can achieve that.
4. Chop or roughly blend the pepper and onion.
5. Get a pan, add a little vegetable oil and heat a bit, add the onion, pepper, green pepper and stir fry for about two minutes, then add the smoked goat meat. Stir all together and fry for another 2 minutes.
Your delicious asun is ready.
For The Plantains
Cut plantain, add vegetable oil to a pot or pan and fry plantain till it’s done.
Serve with the asun,