Minced Beef In Bell And Jalapeno Pepper Sauce
I had some left over bell peppers and jalapeno chillies and I didn’t want them to go to waste so I decided to put them to good use and make this tasty green minced beef sauce which I had with spaghetti (see second picture). It was quite delicious and it tastes different from red peppers or even tomato based minced beef sauces. I know the sauce is pepper based but this wasn’t spicy or hot at all. For other regular minced meat sauces, check out this simple Minced Meat Sauce Recipe or this Coconut And Tomato Minced Beef Sauce. Or just search this website for “Minced Beef Sauce” or even “Minced Beef” for other minced meat ideas 🙂
1. Blend the bell and jalapeno chilli peppers together until smooth. Don’t do a rough blend, be sure to add some water when blending.
2. Put olive oil into a pan or pot, heat up, add in the chopped onions and minced garlic. Stir-fry for about 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.
3. Add the seasoned minced beef. Fry until it has browned and is no longer pink. Be sure to break apart and scatter the minced beef as it cooks so it doesn’t clump together when it browns.
4. Add in 1/2 cup of water or beef stock. Stir and let it simmer for about 2 minutes, then add the blended pepper puree.
5. Stir, let it simmer for about 2 minutes, then season with salt and Maggi to taste, rosemary, garlic powder and paprika. Also add in the chopped carrots if you will be using or you can add it in last when the sauce is done so it will retain its crunchiness.
6. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover the pot and let the sauce cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until it thickens and it is done.
As you cook along, the sauce will thicken. If it becomes too thick for you, just add in more water or beef stock and let it cook until it is done. If you add in more water, be sure to taste for salt and adjust taste if necessary.
Done. Your Bell And Jalapeno Chilli Minced Beef Sauce is ready. Serve with cooked pasta, rice or plantain. I served mine with spaghetti, see second picture 🙂