- Yam3 Slices
- Minced Meat1 Medium PacksAbout 250 to 500 grams
- Scotch Bonnet Pepper6 PiecesFresh Red Pepper
- Onion1 Pieces
- Vegetable Oil3 Cooking SpoonsAbout 3/4 cups
- Sausages2 PiecesSliced into thin cuts
- Green Bell Pepper1 Pieces
- Tomato3 Pieces
- Carrot1 Pieces
- Maggi Seasoning Cubes1 Medium Cubeor to taste
- SaltTo taste
- ThymeA pinchAbout 1/8 teaspoon
- Water2 Cooking SpoonsAbout 1/2 Cup
- Cucumber1 PiecesSliced, to serve
- Green Peas2 Tablespoonsor as desired
1. Peel, cut and wash the yams thoroughly.
2. Put in a pot, add water, add some salt (about 2 pinches), add the yams, boil for about 10 minutes or until soft, then sieve out the water. Set cooked yam aside.
3. Blend scotch bonnet pepper and tomatoes, set aside.
4. Slice carrot, green pepper, onion and set aside.
5. Fry minced meat with 2 cooking spoons of vegetable oil for about 4 minutes or until it has browned and is no longer pink. Set minced meat aside. Also fry the sausages and set aside.
6. Add the remaining cooking spoon of oil to a pot, heat up, add the sliced onions, let it fry for about 30 seconds, then add the blended pepper and tomatoes.
7. Add the Maggi seasoning, stir, leave the pot open, keep stirring immediately so it doesn’t burn.
8. Add the minced meat, stir, add thyme, keep stirring, add the green peas.
9. If too thick, add a little water, add salt if necessary.
10. Add carrot, let it simmer for 2 minutes then add the green pepper, cook for about 2 seconds.
Switch off the burner. Serve with boiled yam with the minced meat sauce, sausages and cucumber.