- Chicken Drumsticks400 GramsAbout 3 pieces
- Milk1 CupsIf yours is powdered milk, dissolve 2 tablespoons in 1 cup of water
- Vinegar3 TablespoonsAny type
- Egg3 Pieces
- Breadcrumbs1/2 Cups
- Flour1/4 to 1/2 Cups
- Onion Powder1 Teaspoons
- Paprika1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Garlic Powder1 Teaspoons
- Coriander1 Teaspoons
- White Pepper1 Teaspoons
- SaltTo taste
- Knorr Chicken Cubes (Optional)Chicken Bouillon cube
- Ground AllSpice1/2 Teaspoons
- Vegetable OilFor frying
How to make Breaded Chicken Drumsticks
Perfect for brunch or snack time.
1. Wash the drumsticks thoroughly.
2. Add all the spices and seasoning (onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, coriander, allspice, white pepper, salt and bouillon cube) to a bowl and mix.
3. Pour the milk into a bowl, add 2 eggs and the vinegar. Mix until all is combined.
4. Divide the spices in half. Coat the chicken drumsticks with half of the spices (set the other half aside) then put the drumsticks in the milk marinade.
5. Transfer the chicken marinade to a ziploc bag or cover the bowl so it is airtight, then leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight. The longer the marinade, the better.
6. After marinating, remove the chicken from the marinade.
7. Add the flour to a bowl, add the breadcrumbs to another bowl. Break and beat one egg into a bowl.
8. Coat the chicken with the remaining half of the spices from step 2, dip it into the egg entirely. Then coat the chicken with flour, dip it in the egg again then finally coat it entirely with the breadcrumbs (see last picture for what it looks like coated with breadcrumbs). Do this until all the chicken has been coated.
9. Add vegetable oil to a pot or deep fry pan, heat up (not too hot so the chicken doesn’t brown immediately and you are left with uncooked insides). Add the chicken to the oil and fry until the chicken has browned and the insides are well cooked. Fry until chicken is well cooked both on the inside and outside.
Done. Your breaded chicken drumsticks is ready. Serve alone or with any dip of choice or serve with fries or fresh fruit.
For another chicken recipe, check out this Crispy Fried Chicken recipe.