- Cashew Nut1/2 CupsI used store bought roasted spiced cashew nuts. You can add more cashew nuts or use less
- Boneless Chicken400 GramsI used boneless chicken already cut in strips for stir-fry recipes, if you cannot get this, you can use chicken fillets or any boneless chicken breast and cut into strips. For the seasoning, I used Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder And White Pepper
- Bell PepperHalf Big or 1 MediumRed And Green or Red And Yellow
- Chicken Stock6 Tablespoons
- Garlic1/4 TeaspoonsMinced or Crushed
- Onion1 Small Sized
- Sesame Oil (Blended)1/2 TablespoonsThe one blended with soy bean oil. Reduce to 1/2 teaspoon for a less nutty flavour. You can get this and other ingredients at any big supermarket if you live in Nigeria
- Oyster Sauce2 1/2 Tablespoons
- Light Soy Sauce2 Tablespoons
- Chilli Sauce1 TeaspoonsYou can get this at any big supermarket
- Vegetable Oil1 Tablespoons
- Bulgur Wheat1 1/2 CupsCooked. To serve
Cashew Nut and Chicken Stir-fry Recipe
A simple chicken stir-fry recipe with delicious nutty flavours.
1. Chop onions, set aside. slice the bell peppers into long strips or julienne, set aside.
2. Wash the chicken, season with salt, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, garlic powder and white pepper.
3. Add oil to a pan, heat up and fry chicken until essentially done. If you are using boneless chicken, don’t over fry so the chicken doesn’t dry out. Set chicken aside.
4. In a small bowl, add the sesame oil blend (for a less nutty flavour, use only about 1/2 teaspoon of the sesame oil blend), soy sauce, oyster sauce and chilli sauce. Mix and set aside.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a pan (you can use the same one used to fry chicken, just drain leaving only a tablespoon left), heat up, add the onions and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
6. Add the peppers, stir-fry for about 1 minute, then add the chicken stock.
7. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, then add the chicken and sauce mixture from step 4.
8. Taste for salt, stir-fry for about 2 minutes, then add in the cashew nuts,
9. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
Your Cashew Nut And Chicken Stir-Fry is ready.
Cooked Bulgur Wheat Recipe
Add about 3.5 cups of water to a pot, add a tablespoon of oil and bring to a boil, then add in 1.5 cups of bulgur wheat, add salt and boil until done.
Serve cashew nut and chicken stir fry with the bulgur wheat or any grain of choice. You can also serve with pasta or noodles.
If you don't already have chicken stock, boil the chicken instead of frying so you can get some. Just season with preferred seasoning or use the seasoning I used above(you can supplement with a little curry powder and chilli powder) add water to a small pot and boil chicken until cooked. Don't over boil the chicken so it doesn't dry out and start breaking off.