- Plantain1 Fingers
- ChickenAlready seasoned, cooked and chopped
- Bell Pepper1Green and Yellow
- Chilli Pepper (Optional)1
- Curry Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Maggi or Knorr Seasoning CubeTo taste
- SaltTo taste
- Cayenne Pepper1/2 Teaspoons
- OnionHalf Medium
- Garlic2 ClovesMinced
- Ginger Powder1/3 Teaspoons
- OilFor frying
- Chicken Stock (Optional)About 3 Tablespoons
1. Peel the plantain, chop the plantain into smaller pieces.
2. Season with a little salt, heat up some oil in a pan, add plantain and fry plantain until it is golden brown. Set plantain aside.
3. Chop the onions. Chop or julienne the green and yellow bell peppers. Chop the chilli pepper if you would be using.
4. Drain off most of the oil used to fry the plantain, leaving only a few tablespoons left. Heat up, add the onions and garlic, saute for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the peppers, stir and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
6. Season with salt and/or Maggi cube to taste, curry powder, cayenne pepper, ginger powder. Stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
7. Add a few tablespoons of chicken stock (apart from adding extra flavour, this is basically to supplement on liquid so that when you add the chicken and plantain, it doesn’t start burning. Don’t add too much stock so the chicken-dodo doesn’t get soggy). Add the already seasoned, cooked and chopped chicken. Stir and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add the plantains. Stir and let it cook for about 1 to 2 minutes maximum to reheat plantain.