- Spaghetti200 to 250 Grams
- Canned Chopped Tomatoes400 Grams1 tin or Substitute with blended 3 fresh tomatoes
- Chicken Fillet300 GramsOr more if you want. Chopped or cut in long strips. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and white pepper
- Spinach2 CupsWashed thoroughly
- Garlic3 ClovesMinced or crushed
- Olive Oil3 Tablespoons
- Chicken Stock1 Cups
- Paprika1 Teaspoons
- Rosemary1/4 Teaspoons
- Italian Seasoning1/2 Teaspoons
- Basil1/4 Teaspoons
- Parsley1/4 Teaspoons
- SaltTo taste
- Onion1 Small to Medium SizeChopped
1. Add the olive oil to a pot, heat up, add in the chopped onions and garlic. Let it cook for about 3 minutes or until translucent and fragrant.
2. Add in the seasoned chicken, toss and fry until the chicken is browned a bit or cooked.
3. Add in the half of the chicken stock, cook for about 2 minutes then add in the tomatoes.
4. Stir, cook for about 1 minute then add in the spices (rosemary, paprika, Italian seasoning, basil, parsley and salt to taste).
5. Stir, cover the pot and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Add in the remaining half of the chicken stock sometime in between and taste for salt and adjust taste if necessary.
6. While the tomato sauce is cooking, cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions or add water to a pot, add a tablespoon of oil and salt to taste and cook until done.
7. Add the cooked spaghetti to the tomato sauce, mix, add in the spinach(with an optional few tablespoons of the spaghetti water or chicken stock) and let it cook or steam on low heat until the spinach goes limp. Immediately the spinach goes limp, switch off the burner. You don’t want the spinach to overcook.
Done. Your Chicken Spinach Tomato Spaghetti is ready. Serve with Parmesan if available.
If you don't have canned chopped tomatoes, you can substitute with fresh tomatoes. Blend if using fresh tomatoes. You may have to increase the cook time of the sauce if using fresh tomatoes to get rid of the tomatoes' sour taste.
If the canned chopped tomatoes feels too chunky for you, blitz briefly in a blender to "smoothen" the chunks.
For another chicken tomato spaghetti recipe, check out this Spicy Chicken Tomato Pasta recipe