- Boneless ChickenCut into bite sizes
- Suya SpiceIf you live outside Nigeria, you can get this at any African food store or section
- Salt and Seasoning Cubes
- OnionsFor garnish
- Bell PepperFor garnish
- Olive or Canola Oil
Recipe from Habbies Cookbook Blog
1. Mix suya spice, basil leaves, Knorr cube and salt to taste.
2. Rinse and marinate chicken in the suya spice mixture for 2 hours or longer (the longer the marinade, the deeper the flavour).
3. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes (skewers are soaked to prevent burning when they are placed in the grill or oven).
4. Cut the bell peppers and onions to bite size shapes as well.
5. Stick the chicken, onions and pepper into the skewers.
6. Heat the oven, place a baking sheet on tray and sprinkle some oil on the sheet.
7. Place stuffed skewers on the tray and grill for about 30 to 40 minutes (at intervals, sprinkle some oil and suya spice on the skewers, this improves the flavour of the skewers.