- Vermicelli Noodles3 CupsAbout 200 to 250 grams. You can get this and other ingredients listed at any big supermarket if you live in Nigeria, otherwise substitute with spaghetti
- Boneless Chicken450 Grams
- Carrot1 Medium to Large
- Bell Pepper1/2 Medium PiecesRed, Yellow and Green Bell Peppers
- OnionHalf Medium
- Chicken Sausage (Optional)1 Piecesor as much as you want
- Oyster Sauce2 Tablespoons
- Light Soy Sauce2 Teaspoons
- Blended Sesame Oil1 TeaspoonsBlended sesame and soybean oil
- SaltTo taste
- Vegetable Oil3 Tablespoons
1. Cook the vermicelli according to pack instructions o add about 2 cups of water to a pot, add about a tablespoon of oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together, add salt to taste and bring the water to a boil. Add in the vermicelli noodles and cook for about 5 minutes or until the noodles is cooked. Set aside.
2. While the noodles is cooking, put the oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl. Mix together and set aside. Chop the onions and carrots (you can also julienne the carrots if you want). Slice the bell peppers into thin long strips or julienne.
3. Wash the chicken, cut into long strips or desired sizes, season with salt, 1 Teaspoon garlic powder, paprika (ground pepper, substitute with chilli powder) and onion powder. Mix until spices are well incorporated in the chicken.
4. Add oil to a wok pan or stir-fry pan (nothing deep fried, about 1/4 to 1/2 cup will do), heat up and fry the chicken until cooked. Don’t over fry. Also chop and fry the sausages if you will be using.
5. Remove the chicken from the oil and drain most of the oil off the pan, leaving only a few tablespoons left, add in the onions, saute for about 1 to 2 minutes, then add in the bell peppers and carrots, season with salt and a little paprika or chilli powder.
6. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes (the vegetables should retain its crunchiness at the end so don’t over cook). Then add in the cooked vermicelli noodles, chicken, sausage, and the sauce mixture from step 2.
7. Stir until everything is well combined and let it cook for about 2 minutes (essentially to reheat noodles).
Done. Your Chicken Vermicelli Noodles is ready.