- Basmati Rice2 Cups
- White OnionChopped
- Bell PepperGreen and Yellow, Chopped
- ChickenChopped or Shredded
- Soy Sauce2 Tablespoons
- Allspice Seasoning1/2 Teaspoons
- SaltTo taste
- Vegetable Oil
- Bouillon Cube (Optional)
- Mixed VegetablesPeas, Sweet Corn, Green Onions
- Ginger Powder (Optional)1/2 Teaspoons
This recipe was shared by @biggestfoodie (IG handle), with an addition or two here. Check out the updated recipe here
1. Add water to a pot, add the rice, add salt to taste and cook the rice until done. Set aside.
2. Finely chop all the vegetables and set aside. Separate the carrots from the peppers and onion.
3. Wash and season the chicken with salt, a little curry powder, chilli powder, then add it to a pot and boil until it is cooked. Let it cool down and the chop or shred into little bits. Set aside.
Alternatively, you can fry the chicken, Use boneless chicken.
4. Break the eggs, whisk, season with a little salt. In a pan, add a little vegetable oil (a couple of tablespoons), heat up, add the eggs and fry, chop the eggs into bits and set aside when it is done.
5. In a pan, add a little oil (about 4 tablespoons), add the onions, saute for about a minute then add the carrots (peas and green onions too if you are using) and stir fry for about 2 minutes then lower the heat and add the bell peppers. Don’t let the veggies cook for too long.
6. Add some salt to taste and seasoning cube (optional), then add the ginger powder, allspice, and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
7. Add the eggs and chicken, add the soy sauce, stir and cook for about 1 minute.
8. Add the stir fry to the cooked basmati rice, stir very well and cook until everything has blended together.
For an updated Chinese fried rice recipe, check out this recipe