- Flour1 Cups
- Milk1 CupsIf using powdered milk, dissolve 1 tablespoon in 1 cup of water
- Pure Cocoa Powder2 Tablespoons
- Egg1 Pieces
- Baking Powder1 Teaspoons
- Melted Butter2 Tablespoons
- Granulated Sugar1/4 CupsMore or less, depending on how sweet you want it to taste.
- Unsalted Butter or OilFor Frying
Easy, delicious, fluffy chocolate pancakes. This recipe makes about 7 pancakes.
1. Sift the flour in a bowl, add the baking soda, cocoa powder and sugar. Mix.
2. Break the egg into a bowl, beat, add the melted butter. Mix both together.
3. Add milk to the egg and butter mixture, mix all until combined
4. Make a hole in the centre of the flour bowl, pour in the egg mixture. Mix gently until all ingredients are combined and your batter is smooth. Don’t over mix so the pancakes don’t come out chewy.
5. Add a teaspoon of oil or a little unsalted butter to the centre of a pan, spread it out, add in whatever quantity of the pancake batter you want.
6. Fry. When you notice bubbles over the surface, flip to the other side and fry for about 30 seconds to a minute or until the pancakes are done. Be sure to fry on medium-low heat or even on low heat to prevent burning.
Repeat until you have exhausted your pancake batter.
Done. Your Chocolate Pancakes are ready to serve. Serve immediately with some syrup, sprinkle some powdered sugar all over your pancakes or serve with Nutella. Yum.
For more pancake recipes, check out this red velvet pancake