- Plain Flour3 Cups
- Sugar1/2 Cups
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Instant Yeast2 Teaspoons
- Butter3 TablespoonsMelted
- Lukewarm Water100 Mililitres
- Milk80 Mililitres
- Ingredients For The Filling5 Tablespoons Melted Butter, 1/4 cup Sugar, 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon,
Recipe from The Habbies Cookbook Blog
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (except filling ingredients), set aside half cup of flour.
2. In a bowl, mix lukewarm water, milk and melted butter.
3. Now stir the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients, add the egg and mix all together to form a dough. Be sure to add extra flour a little at a time until the dough is very handy and not sticky in the bowl. When you get a stretchy, yet non sticky dough, set aside for 20 minutes.
4. In the meantime, mix sugar and cinnamon powder for the filling, also generously oil a baking pan and set aside.
5. After 20 minutes, spread some flour on a work surface and roll the dough to a rectangle of about 40cm by 20cm. Spread melted butter over the dough and then sprinkle the sugar-cinnamon mixture all over the dough.
6. Roll the dough up in a longer length, divide into smaller bits and place in the pan.
7. Cover the lid and place in a warm environment for about 90 minutes or until the rolls are double in size.
8. Glaze with sugar and melted butter mix (optional).
9. Preheat oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. Once baked, allow to cool and serve as you wish.
I glazed mine with melted chocolate and milk mixture.