- CoconutQuantity depends on how much milk you want
- WaterUse sparingly so the milk doesn't get overly diluted
- Vanilla Extract (Optional)1/4 Teaspoons
1. Break the coconut, separate the meat (the white part) from the shell. Break the meat into smaller pieces to make it easier to blend.
2. Put the coconut meat in a blender, add water (don’t add too much so the milk won’t get diluted) and blend until the coconut until it has been completely pulverized.
3. Using a cheesecloth, muslin, clean handkerchief or a very fine sieve, squeeze and sieve the blend until you extract all the milk. You can repeat again, add the blend back into the blender, add water, blend and sieve again.
4. After extracting as much milk as you possibly can, put the milk back into the blender (cleaned), add the vanilla extract (optional) and blend one more time. Don’t add water here.
5. Using a fine sieve, sieve one last time.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge. It should last for about 2 to 3 days. Just shake well before you drink again.
For more milk recipes, check out this Tigernut, Coconut and Dates Drink Recipe