- Ripe Plantain4 Fingers
- Dried Toasted CoconutAs desired. To garnish
- Carrot1/2 PiecesChopped. To garnish
- Palm Oil2 Cups
- Fresh Red Pepper2 CupsRoughly Blended
- Onion1 PiecesChopped
- Maggi Crayfish1 CubesSeasoning / Bouillon Cube, to taste
- Ground Dried Bonga Fish1 Tablespoons
- Fresh Fish3 PiecesFresh Tilapia. Locally called kpanla.
- SaltTo taste
1. Cut the ripe plantain in two equal halves.
2. Add palm oil to a pot. Heat up and deep fry the plantain in the oil until they are golden brown.
3. Add the toasted coconut on the hot fried plantain.
4. Garnish with grated carrot.
5. Add palm oil to another pot, heat, add the onion and blended fresh pepper, fry for about 3 minutes then add the ground bonga fish and the fresh fish.
6. Allow to fry for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Season with salt and Maggi seasoning cube to taste. Cook for a few more minutes.
Serve hot with the plantain.