- Rice1 Cups
- Coconut Milk2 CupsHomemade or Store Bought
- Scotch Bonnet Pepper2 Pieces
- Onion1 PiecesChopped
- Carrot2 PiecesChopped
- Vegetable Oil1 Cooking Spoons
- Salt and Bouillon / Seasoning CubesTo taste
- ChickenAlready Cooked, to serve
- PlantainsFried, to serve
- ColeslawTo serve
Coconut Rice Preparation
1. Wash the rice thoroughly and set aside.
2. Heat up a clean pot, add the vegetable oil, allow to get hot then add the chopped onion and pepper fry till it’s tender and fragrant.
3. Add the coconut milk, a cup of water, seasoning cubes and salt to taste,cover and cook till the mixture comes to a boil.
4. Add the washed rice, stir, taste for salt and cover to cook till it’s almost dry.
5. Add the carrot and let it simmer untill the rice is well cooked, soft with no water left.
Your coconut rice is ready.
Serve with stewed chicken/any protein of your choice, plantain and coleslaw.
Note: This quantity of ingredients is for two servings so feel free to increase yours.