- Yam12 PiecesOr as needed. Chopped
- Onion1 PiecesFinely Chopped
- Red Pepper2 PiecesFinely Chopped
- Green Bell Pepper1/2 PiecesFinely Chopped
- Cabbage1/4 to 1/2 CupsChopped
- Eggs1 Large PiecesSeparate the white from the yolk. You can increase to 2 eggs.
- Suya Spice (Optional)1 Tablespoons
- Maggi Seasoning Cubes1 CubeTo taste
- Curry Powder1 TeaspoonsAs needed
- SaltTo taste
- Vegetable OilFor deep frying
- Corn Flakes1 CupsMore or Less. For coating. Crush first before using. Substitute with breadcrumbs
- Chicken Stew Ingredients5 Chicken Pieces, 7 Tomatoes, 5 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, 2 Onion Bulbs(1 to be blended, 1 to be chopped), 1 Green Bell Pepper (Chopped), 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder, 1 Teaspoon Thyme, 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg, 1 Ginger (Crushed), 1 Garlic Clove (Crushed), 2 Bouillon / Seasoning Cubes, 2 Cooking Spoons (1/2 cup) Vegetable Oil.
Cornflakes Yam Balls Recipe
1. Peel the yam, cut into small chunks, rinse, add to a pot, add enough water and salt to taste, bring to boil till soft.
2. While you are waiting on the yam to boil, separate the egg yolk from white, place in separate bowls.
3. Check the yam. Once it is ready, drain the water, place in a bowl, add the egg yolk, chopped veggies(cabbage, onion and peppers), curry powder, seasoning cubes ,suya spice and salt. Mash together with clean hands until it is well mashed and all ingredients have been mixed in.
4. Grab a small quantity of the yam or any quantity you desire with your hands, mold with your hands into a round ball, dip entirely into the egg white, then coat sufficiently with the crushed cornflakes.
Do this until you have exhausted the mashed yam and molded into balls.
5. Place a pan with oil on high heat, drop the yam balls into the hot oil carefully, reduce to low heat fry till golden brown then place in a kitchen towel to drain the oil.
Chicken Stew Recipe
1. Season chicken with onion, garlic, ginger, nutmeg, thyme, seasoning cubes and boil until it is done. Save some stock to be used later.
2. Blend the tomatoes, peppers and 1 onion to a smooth puree. Then pour it into a pot and steam until the water dries up and the puree thickens.
2. Pour the vegetable oil in a pot, heat up, add the chopped onion and green pepper and fry until for about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Then add the steamed tomato puree, stir and cook until it is well fried.
4. Add in the chicken stock, season with seasoning cubes and salt to taste, stir and cover to cook for about 10 minutes then add the chicken.
5. Stir carefully and cook for another 5 minutes or until the oil floats to the top.
Done. Your Chicken Stew is ready, serve with the Yam Balls.
Note: If you will be substituting with bread crumbs, bread crumbs is easy to make. Just place bread in the oven or hot pan, allow to get very dry, remove and blend with a dry blender.