- Oil2 Tablespoons
- Onion1Chopped. Or 1 cup frozen onions.
- Garlic2 clovesChopped
- Chilli flakes1/2 Teaspoons
- Red chilli pepper1Sliced thinly. You can add more peppers if you prefer more heat
- Green beansCupsSliced Thinly
- Cooked Rice1 CupsCooked at least 3hrs before and allowed to cool
- Sweet soy sauce (Cekap manis))1 TablespoonsYou can find this on the same aisle as soy sauce at the shops.
- Salta pinch
- Spring onions3 stalksChopped
Step 1 : Fry an egg in a pan and set aside
Step 2: Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan under low heat.
Step 3: Cook the onions until they are transparent.
Step 4: Add the garlic, chilli and ginger; and stir continuously for one minute.
Step 5: Pour in the green beans and red peppers and continue to stir for two minutes.
Step 6: Add the cooked rice into the pot while still stirring, and allow to heat through.
Step 7: Pour in the cekap manis (sweet soy sauce) and continue to stir.
Step 8: Taste and add some salt if required.
Step 9: Mix in the spring onions and remove from heat.
Step 10: Garnish with coriander and serve with the fried egg.
The idea behind this dish is to use up left-overs. You can use other vegetables, depending on what is available.
It is important to allow the rice to cool before preparing this dish to prevent sticking.