- Pumpkin LeavesLocally called Ugwu. Substitute with Spinach
- SeafoodPrawns, Mussels, Periwinkles
- Onion1 Pieces
- Curry Powder1 Tablespoons
- Thyme1 Tablespoons
- Salt3/4 to 1 Tablespoons
- Maggi or Knorr Bouillon Cubes3 Cubes
- Ground Chilli Pepper1/2 Tablespoons
- Garlic Powder1/2 Tablespoons
- Ginger PowderSome
- Crayfish3/4 to 1 Tablespoons
- Palm Oil
How to make Edikaikong Soup
Recipe from Cooking With Rad Economist.
Edikaikong soup is from the Efiks in the Cross River and Akwa Ibom regions in Nigeria.
1. Put your assorted meat in a pot and then add chopped onions and seasoning (thyme, curry, salt, bouillon, garlic, ginger and chilli). Bring this to a boil with a good amount of water (you can take the stock out at the end and add as you go if you find there is barely any liquid in the soup.
2. When the meat is done, add your choice of seafood (periwinkles, mussels and prawns) and cook for another 3 minutes.
3. Add palm oil, crayfish and cook for another 4 minutes, then add waterleaf, stir and after a few seconds, add your ugwu leaf or spinach. Cook for 5 minutes.
Your soup is ready. Enjoy and serve with any swallow of your choice.