- Egg5 Large Pieces
- A Blend Of Tomato, Pepper and Onion1 1/2 CupsThe ratio of tomatoes to peppers is up to you. If you want it spicy, use more peppers. I used 3 tomatoes, 1 medium onion and 1/2 cup of mixed peppers and blended with 1/2 cup of water.
- Onion1/2 to 1 PiecesChopped or sliced, depending on how much sliced onion you want visible in the sauce. If you don't like onions visible in your food, you can skip
- Curry Powder1/2 TeaspoonsYou can spice your eggs with whatever spice you want
- Garlic Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- White Pepper1/2 Teaspoons
- Thyme1/4 Teaspoons
- Vegetable Oil1/4 Cups
- Salt and Maggi Seasoning CubesTo Taste
- PlantainsFried, to serve
Egg sauce, also called egg stew or stewed eggs, is simply beaten eggs that is poured in a fried tomato and pepper base and cooked till done. It is very easy to make and takes little time especially if you already have left over tomato stew or sauce.
For more egg sauce recipes, check out this easy stewed yam and eggs recipe.
Step 1. Beat the eggs into a bowl, season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
Step 2. Add oil to a pot or pan, heat up, add the chopped/sliced onions. Fry for about 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant.
Step 3. Add in the blended tomato and pepper puree, let it simmer for about 4 minutes then season with salt and seasoning cube, white pepper, garlic powder and thyme.
Step 4. Let it fry until the sauce is done. Make sure the sauce is as tasty as possible because it will be influence the taste of your eggs later. Feel free to add a little water to supplement on liquid if you find the sauce drying up before it is done.
Step 5. When the sauce is done, pour in the beaten eggs and stir it in.
Step 6. Lower the heat and on low heat, keep stirring the eggs in and cook until the eggs are done.
Serve immediately with fried plantains, yam or bread.