- Egusi4 CupsAfrican Melon Seeds. If you live outside Nigeria, you can get this and other ingredients at any African food store or section
- Pumpkin / ugu leafSliced. Substitute with spinach
- Red Oil2 Cooking SpoonsPalm Oil
- Crayfish2 Tablespoons
- Fresh Pepper5 PiecesBlended
- MeatHalf KilogramsAlready seasoned and cooked
- Dried Fish, StockfishAlready cooked
- Seasoning Cube and salt
Step 1 :
Add a cooking spoon full of red oil (palm oil) into an empty pot and heat up. Immediately mix the blended egusi with water and pour into the oil, stir gently until the water dries completely from the egusi and it forms little balls in it or becomes lumpy.
Step 2 :
Add the already cooked meat and fish, add seasoning cube, crayfish, fresh pepper and stir
Step 3 :
Add meat stock from the cooked meat and little water if it’s too thick. Stir and allow to boil thoroughly for 5 minutes.
Step 4 :
Add the already sliced vegetables, sprinkle salt, cover for 30 seconds. Stir and serve with any swallow of your choice.