- Flour2 Cups
- Baking Powder1 Teaspoons
- Vanilla (Optional)1/4 Teaspoons
- Egg1 Large PiecesOr 2 small eggs
- Sugar1/2 CupsMore or less, depending on how sweet you want it
- Powdered Milk1 TablespoonsDissolved in 2 cups of water
- Melted Butter2 Tablespoons
- ButterFor frying
- Vinegar1.5 Tablespoons
- Baking Soda1/2 Teaspoons
- ButterFor frying. Substitute with oil
How to make fluffy pancakes
This recipe makes about 7 pancakes
1. In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and mix all together. These are the dry ingredients. Two key ingredients to non chewy, fluffy pancakes is baking powder and baking soda. So these should at least be present.
2. In another bowl, add 1 tablespoon of powdered milk to 2 cups of water, stir until the milk is dissolved, add vinegar to the milk, stir and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
3. In yet another bowl, break the egg, add the melted butter and vanilla, stir until all the ingredients are combined.
4. Add the egg mixture to the milk mixture, whisk until all the ingredients are combined. These are the wet ingredients
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Gentle mixing, don’t over mix. Over mixing pancake batter leads to chewy pancakes. So you want to give the batter a few gentle strokes, enough to not have an overly lumpy batter. Don’t be concerned if there are still a few lumps in the batter.
6. In a pan, add a little butter and spread it over the pan. Heat up and add the pancake batter. Once there are bubbles on the surface of the pancake, flip to the other side. Don’t flip until you see bubbles on the surface.
7. Repeat until the batter has been exhausted.
Your Fluffy Pancakes are ready. Serve with fresh fruits, maple syrup or any toppings of your choice.
For more pancake recipes, check out the recipes linked below.