- Rice2 Cups
- Chicken1 Kilograms
- Assorted Vegetables2 CupsBell peppers, peas, carrots, string beans
- Seasoning cubes
How to make Fried Rice
1. Wash chicken and add to a pot, add 2 seasoning cubes, salt, curry, thyme, onions and pepper. Steam on low heat for 5 minutes. Add water and let it cook until done.
2. Remove chicken and grill, then set the chicken stock aside.
3. Add rice to a pot, add water and parboil for 15 minutes, rinse and set aside.
4. Add the parboiled rice to a pot, add the chicken stock and taste, add salt or stock cube if needed, cover pot and cook on low heat until rice is 90% soft.
5. In a wok or large pan on medium heat, add about 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, add chopped onions and saute for a minute.
6. Add the chopped veggies, a bit of seasoning /salt, curry, thyme and stir fry for 3 minutes.
7. Now add the rice and continue to stir fry on low heat for 5 minutes.
Turn off heat and serve.
You can substitute chicken for turkey