- Rice1 1/4 Cups
- Prawns500 GramsLarge, deveined and shells removed.
- Butter5 to 6 Tablespoons
- Garlic4 ClovesMinced
- SaltTo Taste
- Paprika (Optional)1/4 Teaspoons
- Fresh Parsley2 TablespoonsChopped. Substitute with 3 teaspoons parsley flakes. To garnish
Rice in butter and garlic with shrimps. A super easy and delicious recipe to try out.
1. Wash and cook your rice as usual until done. Don’t forget to add salt to taste when cooking the rice.
2. Season prawns with a little salt, garlic powder and white pepper.
3. Add vegetable oil to a pan and fry prawns until pink. Drain and pat the prawns dry with a clean towel. Set aside.
4. Add the butter to another pot, heat up until it has melted, then add the garlic.
5. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes then add the cooked prawns.
6. Toss the prawns for about 1 to 2 minutes, then add in the cooked rice.
7. Stir until rice is well mixed with butter, season with a pinch of salt and paprika (or any ground pepper of choice).
8. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes on low heat then add in the parsley.
9. Stir and cook for a few seconds.
**If you have parsley flakes instead, just switch off the burner, garnish the rice with the parsley flakes and serve.
Done. Your Garlic Butter Shrimp Rice is ready. Serve alone or with this Shredded Beef Sauce