- Basmati Rice2 Cups
- Chicken SausageAs desired
- Chicken Stock3 CupsSubstitute with hot water
- Ginger1/4 PiecesChopped or Crushed
- Onion1 PiecesChopped
- Habanero Pepper2 PiecesFinely Chopped
- Mint LeavesTo garnish
- Parsley LeavesTo garnish
- Coconut Oil3 Tablespoons
- Blended Pepper1/2 Cups
- King Prawns
- Knorr CubesTo taste
- SaltTo taste
Recipe from Habbies Cookbook Blog
1. Spice the prawns with Knorr Cubes in a bowl and set aside. In a wok, heat about 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, saute the chopped garlic, ginger, habanero and onions for about 1 minute.
2. Pour the blended pepper and season, fry the mix for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and Knorr cubes to taste.
3. Now add the basmati rice and stir continuously for another 2 minutes. Stir in about 3 cups of hot water or chicken stock in the wok. Taste for salt again
4. Allow to cook until the rice is soft to eat but not soggy. Stir in veggies and chicken sausage. Allow to steam with the rice.
5. Once the water/stock is dried up in the wok, stir the rice and put on low heat. To prevent rice from being soggy, allow to steam.
For The Prawns
1. Heat a pan, add about a tablespoon of oil and saute the prawns on each side. Add any spice of choice to get more flavours.