- Bell peppersGreen, Yellow and Red
- OilFor frying
- Chilli Powder
- Seasoning Cube and Salt
- Curry Powder
- Garlic powderJust a sprinkle
- Chicken StockA littleSubstitute with gizzard stock
How to make Gizodo
1. Chop all the peppers and onions.
2. Wash the gizzard thoroughly and chop into small pieces.
3. Season the gizzard with a little chopped onions, curry, thyme, salt and seasoning cube and chilli powder, mix until the gizzard is covered in the spices.
4. Transfer to a pot, add water and boil until the gizzard is cooked.
5. Chop the plantain into small pieces, season with a little salt and fry in oil until it is golden.
6. Drain the oil off the plantain, transfer to a bowl and cover the plantain.
7. Add about 4 to 5 tablespoons of butter to a pan heat up until the butter melts.
8. Add the chopped peppers and onions to the heated butter , stir, let it saute for about 2 minutes, then season with 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, salt and seasoning cube to taste, 1/2 tablespoon chilli powder, 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder, stir and let it cook for about 7 minutes
9. Add the chopped gizzard, some chicken or gizzard stock (about a few tablespoons, not too much so the giz-dodo doesn’t get soggy), and let it cook for about 3 minutes.
10. Add the plantains, stir together, and leave it to simmer for about 2 minutes.
Gizdodo is ready. Serve with cold juice.
You can use oil instead of butter.