- Roasted Groundnut / Peanut2 Cups
- Pepper, Onion And Tomato Blend1 Cups
- Assorted MeatBeef, Shaki (Tripe), Goat Meat. Any quantity of choice
- Beef StockEnough to make the soup
- StockfishIf you live outside Nigeria, you can get this and other ingredients at any African food store or section
- Dried FishAny quantity of choice
- EfirinA handful, thinly slicedScent Leaves
- Uziza Seeds1/4 CupsPiper Guineense
- Palm Oil2 Cooking Spoons
- Onion1 Medium Sized, Sliced
- Bouillon / Seasoning CubesTo taste
1. Rinse assorted beef, season and boil for about 30 minutes or until tender. Be sure to have enough stock. Set aside beef and stock.
2. Put the groundnuts in a blender, add water and blend until you have a smooth paste. Set aside.
3. Blend the uziza seeds using a dry blender.
4. Heat a pot and bleach the palm oil for about a minute, saute the onions and add the groundnut puree and stock.
5, Mix well and allow to boil for about 15 minutes. Now add the pepper mix, assorted beef, stock and dried fish, uziza spice blend, season the soup and allow to boil for another 10 to 15 minutes. Uziza gives the soup a superb aroma.
6. After 15 minutes, add the efirin leaves and just steam the soup for additional 3 to 5 minutes.