- Russet Potatoes4 mediumFrench Fries Potatoes
- Plain Flour2 Tablespoons
- Green Onions1/4 Handful
- Egg3 lightly beaten
- Ground AllSpice1 Teaspoons
- Cinnamon1 Teaspoons
- Scotch Bonnet1
- SaltTo taste
- Vegetable OilFor frying
- Semi-ripe Plantain1 medium
- Bacon3 Slices
- Garlic1 clove
- Carrot1 Teaspoons
- Green Bell Pepper1 Teaspoons
For The Hash Browns
1. Rinse shredded potatoes until the water is clear. Drain, squeeze dry and place in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl whisk 1 egg, green onions, scotch bonnet, ground allspice, cinnamon. Add to shredded potatoes , flour and mix well.
3. Heat oil over medium heat, when it’s hot, scoop a handful of the potato mixture, mould into a round ball & flatten to 1/2 inch thick layer. Cook until lightly brown and flip over to the other side. This should take about 3 minutes.
Do same with the remaining potatoes.
4. Remove from heat and dry on a paper towel, season with salt and set aside.
For The Plantain
1. Wash properly and slice plantain.
2. Heat oil over medium heat and fry plantain until golden brown.
3. Remove from heat and dry on a paper towel, season with salt and dry pepper(optional).
For The Bacon
1. In a skillet, add 1 teaspoon of oil and fry bacon slices.
2. Remove from heat and set aside.
For The Omelette
1. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg, carrot, green bell pepper, scotch bonnet, onions, garlic and salt.
2. In the same skillet used for the bacon, pour egg mixture into the bacon oil and fry. Once cooked, flip to the other side and fry.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
For The Poached Egg
1. Bring water and vinegar in a saucepan to a boil
2. Crack open 1 egg into a shallow bowl. Using a spoon, stir water to create a whirlpool and tip egg into the water.
3. Skim the foam from water and poach.
4. Remove from heat and assemble hash browns, plantain, omelette, bacon and eggs.
I forgot to plate and take pictures with the bacon.
I used scotch bonnet because i like it spicy...but you can opt for any pepper of your choice.