- Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- Cameroon Pepper (Optional)
- Chilli Powder
- Tomato (Optional)1 Large
- Salt And Seasoning Cube
How to make Healthy, Palm Oil Free Beans and Yam
1. Wash the beans, add water to a pot, bring to a boil and add the beans. Don’t add salt or anything. Let the beans cook until it is almost done.
2. While the beans is cooking, chop the yams and wash, chop the tomato, pepper and onions (finely chopped) or rough blend all together, grind the crayfish if you don’t have ground crayfish.
3. Once the beans is almost done, add salt and seasoning cube, chilli powder, cameroon pepper (only a little as it has a taste, skip if you don’t have), the chopped or blended tomato pepper, onions and crayfish, stir and let it cook for about 2 minutes then add the yams. If there isn’t enough water in the pot, add more.
4. Cook the beans and yam until they are both soft and ready. Be sure to taste for salt sometime during the cook time.
Your healthy, Palm Oil Free Beans and Yam is ready.
This isn't a porridge recipe, so don't be concerned if there is still a little water left when the beans and yam are both done. Leaving a little water makes it a little "juicy" and more filling.
For Beans and Yam Porridge, check out this beans and yam porridge recipe. Link is below.
For other porridge recipes, including a healthy, oil free Sweet Potato Porridge and a Stewed Beans and Yam porridge, check the links below.