- Sweet Potato1Medium sized, Mashed
- Whole Wheat Flour1/2 Cupsplus more for work surface
- Milk1/2 Cups
- Apple Cider Vinegar1/2 Cups
- Salt1 Teaspoons
- Coconut Oil5 Tablespoons
- Sugar1/4 Cupsor to taste
- Baking Powder1 Tablespoons
Recipe from Habbies Cookbook Blog
For The Mashed Potato
1. Peel potatoes, cut into small sizes, rinse and boil until soft.
2. Transfer the potatoes into an empty pot and mash.
1. In a mixer bowl, place flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix together.
2. Add coconut oil and beat on medium speed. Add the mashed potatoes, mix and knead on medium speed for about 3 minutes. If you don’t have a mixer, use a bowl and knead with a turning stick or hand. I used both.
3. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius and line with a baking sheet.
4. Flour a work surface. The dough at this point may or may not be wet, so use some flour to make it handy, then continuously fold the dough for about 3 minutes, then flatten the dough to about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Cut the dough into biscuits or shapes (if you have a fancy cookie cutter/ shape). If you don’t, just pick some of the dough, flatten it on the surface and design it (I used a fork to get this pattern on my biscuits).
6. Transfer the cut biscuits on the baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Serve with hot syrup. You can also keep it fresh for about 2 to 3 days in a Ziploc or tight container. Enjoy.
Brush the biscuits with melted butter to give it a nice shine.
For more healthy wheat biscuits, check out this wheat biscuits recipe. Link is down below.