- Honey BeansSubstitute with Black Eye Peas
- Catfish Pieces
- Knorr Cubes4 to 5 Cubes
- Tomato3 Pieces
- Red Bell Pepper1 Pieces
- Anaheim Pepper2 PiecesSubstitute with regular chilli pepper
- Sea Salt
- Cray Fish
- Palm Oil
- Potato MasherTo mash the beans, or use a big enough spoon
Recipe from Cooking With Rad Economist Blog
1. Start by washing your beans to get rid of dirt and stones, if any. Then boil your beans with half an onion, 2 knorr cubes and a teaspoon of salt.
2. When your beans is soft, just mash with a potato masher or big enough spoon and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes to get rid of excess water.
3. Once your beans is done, you can set aside and begin cooking your stew.
For The Catfish Stew
1. Start by blending half onion, your tomatoes and peppers together to get a smooth paste.
2. In a pot, add your palm oil and let it get hot and start to smoke, then add your chopped half onions and fry until it looks like it’s starting to burn. Then add your crayfish, knorr cubes and half teaspoon salt.
3. Fry this for 30 secs, then add your blended mix and cook for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, add your catfish into the stew and cook until the catfish is ready, which is about 20 to 30 minutes.
Serve with plantains or whatever you like.