- Bulgur2 Cups
- Onion1Medium Sized, Chopped
- Curry1 Tablespoons
- Thyme1 Tablespoons
- Coconut Oil2 Tablespoons
- Left Over StewOr a blend of paprika, scotch bonnet and onion
- Tomato Paste3 Tablespoons
- Knorr Cubes2
- Chicken Stock or Water2 Cups
1. Soak the bulgur in warm water for about 10 minutes. Rinse out, sieve and set the bulgur aside.
2. In a pan, saute the onions, garlic and ginger in coconut oil for about 1 minute.
3. Stir in the left over sauce, tomato paste. Add other spices, Knorr cubes, chicken stock / water.
4. Stir in the mixture very well, allow to boil for about 5 minutes.
5. Now stir in the steamed bulgur, adjust taste and cook on very low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the bulgur is soft and perfect.
Done. Your Jollof Bulgur is ready
For another jollof bulgur recipe, check out this Minced Beef Jollof Bulgur recipe