- Rice3 Cups
- Onion1 Bulb
- Tinned Tomato PasteSmall SatchetAbout 50 to 70 grams
- Fresh Tomato and PepperEnough quantity. For pepper, I used Ata rodo (Scotch Bonnet) and Shombo (Chilli Pepper)
- Curry Powder1/2 Small SatchetAbout 1 teaspoon
- Thyme1/2 Small SatchetAbout 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg1/2 Small SatchetAbout 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger Powder1/2 Small Satchetor about 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder1/2 Small Satchetor about 1 teaspoon
- Maggi Bouillon /Seasoning Cube2 Single CubesTo taste
- SaltTo taste
- Vegetable Oil
- ButterSmall QuantityAbout 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Plantain2 Fingers
1. Add some vegetable oil to a medium large pot, heat up until hot, then add the onion, fry for about 3 minutes then add the tinned tomato paste and blended pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes then season with curry powder, thyme, nutmeg, ginger, garlic, maggi and salt to taste and the butter.
2. Allow to boil for some minutes then add the washed rice, add a little water to cook the rice until done(add enough but not too much so the rice won’t come out soggy), then cover the pot. Continue to check and taste for salt, Cook until done.
3. Cut plantains, add oil to a pan and fry plantain until done.
Serve jollof rice with plantains and chicken or beef.