- Spaghetti1/2 pack
- Large Tomatoes6
- Scotch Bonnets (ata rodo)6more or less to taste
- Large White Onion1
- Garlic Cloves3
- Diced Mixed Bell Peppers1/2 Cups
- Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
- Dried Oregano1 Teaspoons
- Dried Thyme1 Teaspoons
- Dried Parsley1 Teaspoons
- SaltTo taste
- Maggi1/2 Cubes
Clean and blend together tomatoes, bonnets (with seeds for extra spice), onions and garlic.
Deseed and dice bell peppers and set aside.
1. In a large deep pot heat olive oil on a high level for approx. 30 seconds then pour in blended contents (it should sizzle).
Stir and cover the pot, reduce the heat to low and allow contents to cook for about 7 minutes.
2. Stir content of the pot and add, Maggi, salt, oregano, thyme and parsley. Stir then add spaghetti to the now fried pepper sauce.
3. Once the spaghetti has been added to the pot, add mixed bell peppers and a cup of water (very little), cover the pot maintaining the low heat. Cook for the Spaghetti in the sauce for 7 minutes then add stir and add a little more water as needed (not enough to cover the spaghetti).
4. Cover the pot again and cook on low heat for approximately 10 more minutes.
done. Check the Spaghetti to ensure it is cooked to your taste. Remove from heat and serve.
Your Jollof Spaghetti is ready ! Pairs perfectly with Fake Away Original Fried Chicken (link below).
ENJOY ! x