- Lamb300 GramsDiced. You can combine with other meats
- Parmesan CheeseIf you live in Nigeria, you can get this and other ingredients at any major supermarket
- Carrots1/2 to 1Diced
- Sea Salt3/4 Tablespoons
- Red Wine60-80 Mililitres
- Garlic Cloves3
- Chopped Tomatoes1 Can
- Basil1 Teaspoons
- Coriander1 Teaspoons
- Thyme1 Teaspoons
- Tomato Puree1 Tablespoons
- Black Pepper1 Teaspoons
- Chicken or Vegetable Stock1 Cups
Recipe from Cooking With Rad Economist
1. Chop your onions, garlic, carrots and saute in hot oil for a minute.
2. Add the lamb (already seasoned with salt and black pepper) and fry until all pieces are well browned.
3. Add wine and cook on high heat until all wine evaporates.
4. When wine is almost gone, add chopped tomatoes. Canned chopped tomatoes give better results than fresh.
5. Add tomato puree, then add seasonings (thyme, coriander, basil) and salt.
6. Cook for 15 minutes in low heat, then add chicken/vegetable stock. Then reduce heat to low, simmer for at least 2 hours or until meat is practically falling apart. Taste for salt along the way.
7. When done, add chopped spinach then mix in.
Serve with any pasta of choice, top with Parmesan and fresh parsley.