- Flour2 Cups
- Egg2 Pieces
- Onion1Small sized, finely chopped
- Scotch Bonnet Pepper3Finely chopped, substitute with other less spicy pepper like chilli pepper. You can use 1 chilli pepper
- Milk2 1/2 CupsIf you don't have liquid milk, dissolved 2 tablespoons of powdered milk in 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Salt1/4 Teaspoons
- Sugar1/4 to 1/2 Cups
- OilFor frying
These pancakes are the savoury kind and chewy. For the classic American Pancakes, check out this Fluffy Pancake Recipe
1. Sift flour in a bowl. Add sugar and salt.
2. Add the milk to a bowl, add the eggs and mix both until combined..
3. Pour in the egg-milk mixture into the bowl of flour, Mix until you get a smooth consistency. If you want the pancakes really light, add more water. Generally, the less water you add, the thicker the pancakes will be.
4. Add the finely chopped pepper and onion to the pancake batter. Stir.
5. Add a little oil to a pan, heat up, pour in 1/2 cup of the pancake batter. Let it fry. Once the underside is cooked, flip to the other side. Repeat until you have exhausted the batter.
Done. Drizzle with your favourite syrup or serve with any spicy sauce.