- Chicken Thighs3 PiecesWith skin and bones
- Ehuru Seeds1 TablespoonsAfrican Nutmeg, Crushed
- Knorr / Maggi Seasoning Cubes2 to 3
- Uziza Leaves
- Crayfish3/4 to 1 Tablespoons
- Ground Chilli
- CarrotsThinly sliced, spiralized
- Nori Leaves3Sushi Nori Leaves
- Spring Onions
- Sesame Seeds
Recipe from Cooking With Rad Economist Blog
1. Clean and debone the chicken, season with black pepper and salt and fry until done.
2. Once it is done, put it in a bowl of boiling water. You don’t want the chicken to cook for too long, just enough to extract the oil and flavour from it.
3. Once in boiling water, add the spices; salt (start small, with maybe 1 teaspoon), add the Knorr / Maggi bouillon cubes, onion, crushed/grounded ehuru seeds, crayfish and chilli peppers.
4. After 5 minutes, add the crushed uziza leaves.
5. Remove chicken and after 7 minutes, cook the soup for 5 more minutes.
6. Run the soup through a sieve (if you like bits of soup in your noodles, no need to do this). Be sure to cook the noodles before you strain the soup so it doesn’t get cold.
7. Once mixed, cut up the chicken, add the other noodle soup ingredients like boiled eggs, carrots, spring onions, nori leaves and sesame seeds.