- Flour2.5 Cups
- Granulated Sugar1/4 CupsTo taste, depending on how sweet you want your doughnuts
- Baking Powder2 Teaspoons
- Melted Butter4 Tablespoons
- Vanilla1 Teaspoons
- Nutmeg1/4 TeaspoonsJust a couple of pinches
- Powdered Milk2 TablespoonsDissolve in about 3/4 cup of water or use about 3/4 cup liquid milk
- Vegetable OilFor frying
How to make quick, delicious Doughnuts Without Yeast.
This recipe makes about 8 medium to large sized doughnuts
1. In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, nutmeg and mix.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of powdered milk to about 3/4 cup of water to dissolve , add 4 tablespoons of melted butter, a teaspoon of vanilla and mix until all the ingredients are combined. If you are using liquid milk, pour 3/4 cup to a bowl, add the melted butter and vanilla. Mix.
3. Pour the mix into the flour and mix lightly until there are little or no lumps. Don’t over work the dough. The resulting dough should also be solid but soft. If it isn’t solid enough, add a little more flour until you achieve a solid consistency.
4. Coat some flour on a flat surface and using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat. Then using a doughnut cutter, cut out the doughnuts until you have exhausted the dough. Transfer the cut doughnuts to a baking sheet or tray coated with flour. If you don’t have a doughnut cutter, use something round, like a cup to cut holes in the dough and use something smaller, like a plastic bottle cover to cut the second hole in the middle.
5. In a deep pan or a pot, add vegetable oil and heat up. The oil should be at least 1 inch deep. Add the doughnuts and fry. If the oil is hot enough, it should take about 1 to 2 minutes for the underside to cook before you flip to the other side. Total frying time per doughnut is usually between 2 to 3 minutes. Do this until you have fried all the doughnuts.
Your no yeast, no rise, no knead doughnut is ready. Serve with any toppings or glaze. I glazed mine with some strawberry and banana yogurt. Delicious :).