- Goat10 Pieces
- Assorted MeatAny QuantityBeef, Tripe (Shaki)..e.t.c
- Crayfish3 TablespoonsIf you live outside Nigeria, you can get this and other ingredients at any African food store or section
- StockfishAny Quantity
- Dry FishAny QuantitySoak first in hot water to soften
- Dry Pepper1 to 2 TablespoonsGround Pepper
- Uziza Leaf2 to 3 Tablespoons
- Pounded YamFist SizeTo thicken the soup
- Fresh Red Pepper3 PiecesFinely Chopped
- Salt and Knorr CubeTo taste
- Pepper Soup Spice2 Tablespoons
1. First boil the Stockfish for 10 minutes. Rinse out the dirt in the fish.
2. Now in a clean pot, boil the goat meat, assorted meat and stockfish together. Be sure to add onions and other spices like salt and seasoning cube to taste and ground pepper.
3. Allow to boil until the meat is reasonably soft.
4. Transfer the meat into a bowl. As the stockfish is still boiling, add pepper, dry fish and crayfish and allow to boil for 30 minutes. Make sure there is enough liquid/stock in the pot. Supplement with more water if there isn’t enough liquid.
5. Now add the goat meat back into the soup. Add the uziza leaf, pepper soup spice, more knorr cube and salt to taste. Also add the pounded yam, cut into small morsels first and drop at intervals into the soup.
6. Boil together for 15 to 20 minutes. Be sure to stir frequently so the pounded yam will dissolve and thicken the soup.