- Rice1.5 Cups
- Chilli Pepper6 Pieces
- Onion1 Pieces
- Ground Smoked Shrimps2 Tablespoons
- Smoked MackerelAny quantity. You can substitute with any other smoked fish
- Salt and Seasoning Cube
- Butter (Optional)2 Tablespoons
- Tomato Paste4 Tablespoons
How to make Oil Free Concoction Rice
The usual concoction rice recipe is usually made with palm oil. Here is a version of concoction rice that is oil free.
1. Blend the peppers and onions, set aside. Take the fish apart and soak it in hot water for about 10 minutes.
2. Add water to a pot (enough water to eventually cook the rice), bring to a boil, add the blended peppers and onions, add the ground smoked shrimps, smoked fish, season with seasoning cube, an optional half a teaspoon of curry powder and boil for about 15 minutes.
3. Add butter to the stock, stir and add the tomato paste. Stir and boil for about 5 to 10 minutes. Taste for salt.
4. Add the rice. Stir and add a little more water if not enough to cook the rice. Cover the pot and leave it to cook until the rice is soft and done.
Your oil free concoction rice is done.
You can substitute smoked mackerel for any kind of smoked fish and use crayfish in place of smoked shrimps.
You can skip the butter.
Check out the link below for another concoction rice recipe