- Beans Flour1 Cups
- Onion1 PiecesChopped
- Scotch Bonnet Pepper3 PiecesChopped or use ground dry pepper
- Green Pepper (Optional)1 PiecesI always use it because it gives it a nice flavour
- Ground Crayfish1/2 Cooking Spoons
- Nutmeg (Optional)1 Teaspoons
- Maggi or Knorr Bouillon / Seasoning CubesTo taste
- SaltTo taste
- WaterAs required
- Raw PapAny quantity you want
Pan Akara Recipe
1. Mix the flour with the chopped veggies, spices and water.
2. Stir all together, making sure the mixture isn’t too thick or watery, add seasoning cubes and make sure you taste before adding the salt so it wouldn’t be too salty.
3. Heat up a pan, then add a little vegetable oil for frying. A few tablespoons will do since this is pan fried and not deep fried.
4. Heat it up and using a spoon, scoop the batter a little at a time until it covers the pan.
5. When it is golden brown at the bottom, flip to the other side and continue until you are done.
FOR THE PAP
1. Boil water until it is very hot. Once it is ready, mix the pap with a little cold water. Add in tablespoons because the mixture should not be too thick or watery. If it is too watery, your pap will turn out watery.
2. Then pour the boiled water over the pap and keep stirring until it become thick.
3. Stir with a spoon to avoid lumps. If yours doesn’t become thick, heat the pap on low heat and keep stirring until it thickens.
Serve with milk, honey or sugar accompanied with the pan akara.