- Flour3 Cups
- Egg1 Large
- Granulated SugarAbout 1/4 Cups
- Powdered Milk1.5 Tablespoons
- Minced Chicken500 Grams
- Spring onions7 Pieces
- Green Bell Pepper1/2 Pieces
- Yellow Habanero Pepper2 or 3 PiecesSubstitute with red pepper
- Salt And Maggi / Knorr Bouillon Cube
- Carrot3 Pieces
- OilFor Frying
- Onion1 Medium
- Chicken Mince Seasoning1/2 Teaspoon Salt, 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt, 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper, 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder, 1/4 Teaspoon Thyme, A couple of pinches Turmeric (Optional)
Prep For The Filling
1. Chop the spring onions, onion and peppers into small bits. Grate the carrots.
2. For the minced chicken, season minced chicken with salt, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, curry, thyme and turmeric(you can skip). Add oil to a pan and fry the mince until it is no longer pink.
**In the absence of store bought minced chicken, season some boneless chicken with the listed chicken mince seasoning or any seasoning of choice, boil until done. Once it has cooled down, chop and grind the chicken with a grinder.
3. Depending on the quantity of vegetables and chicken you have, add at least 3 tablespoons of oil into a pan (or use oil from the fried chicken mince, spread it out and let it heat up. You should only use a little oil.
4. Add the vegetables, saute on high heat for about 2 minutes, season with salt and Maggi / Knorr Bouillon Cube, stir and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the cooked minced chicken, stir, and leave it to cook for about 3 minutes. Switch off the burner.
For the pancake
These are light, non fluffy pancakes.
1. Break and beat the egg.
2. Add 1.5 tablespoons of powdered milk to about 4 to 4 1/2 cups of water and mix.
3. Pour the liquid milk into the bowl, add the egg and mix both egg and milk until combined.
4. Put flour and sugar in a bowl, pour in the milk and egg mixture, mix until all ingredients are combined. The amount of sugar you add depends on how sweet you want the pancakes to taste but for the purpose of this recipe, it shouldn’t be too sugary.
5. Add a tablespoon or two of oil to a frying pan, heat up.
6. Pour some pancake batter and let it fry for until the edges look solid, then flip to the other side. Cook until done
7. Transfer the pancakes to a tray, then grab a pancake, add as much of minced chicken sauce as you want (if it is already cold, reheat) to the pancake and wrap.
Serve with any beverage of your choice.