- Flour2 1/2 Cups
- Powdered Milk1 1/2 TablespoonsDissolve in 3 1/4 cups of water or use 3 1/4 cups liquid milk
- Egg1 Large Piecesor 2 small to medium sized eggs
- Vegetable Oil1/2 Tablespoons
- SugarTo taste
- Dates12 Pieces
- Cashew Nuts1/2 Cups
- Honey1 Tablespoons
- Water1/3 Cups
- OilFor Frying
For The Pancakes
For the purpose of this recipe, these pancakes are not the fluffy kind, they are very thin and light and more like crepes. For the classic American Pancakes, check out this Fluffy Pancake Recipe
1. Sift flour into a bowl, add the sugar (not too much, the pancakes shouldn’t be too sweet because the caramelized dates and cashew nuts is sweet enough already). If you are skipping the caramelized dates and cashew nuts, then use sugar as desired.
2. In a bowl, dissolve the powdered milk in water, break the egg, beat, pour into the milk, add half a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
***Or use liquid milk
3. Pour the milk mixture into the flour, mix well until you get a smooth, lump free batter.
4. Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan, heat up, pour in some of the pancake batter. Fry pancakes and repeat until done.
For The Caramelized Cashew Nuts And Dates
1. Add about 4 tablespoons of oil (any oil of choice) to a pan, heat up (not too hot so the cashew nuts won’t brown and burn immediately), add in the cashew nuts, toss it about for a minute or two on high heat.
2. Lower the heat to medium or medium-low, add in the dates, honey and about 1/2 cup of water.
3. Stir and bring to a boil for about 5 to 7 minutes.