- Noodles200 GramsI used Chinese noodles, you can use any noodles you want.
- Peanut Butter2.5 Tablespoons
- Bell Pepper1 PiecesOr whatever quantity you want. Red And Yellow Bell Pepper
- Boneless Chicken250 GramsI used already cut boneless chicken made for stir-fries, you can use chicken fillet or chicken breast. Cut in long strips.
- Ginger1/4 TeaspoonsCrushed or very finely chopped
- Garlic1/2 TeaspoonsCrushed or very finely chopped
- Light Soy Sauce2 TablespoonsYou can get this and other ingredients listed here in any big supermarket if you live in Nigeria
- Blended Sesame Oil1 TeaspoonsThe one blended with soybean or use regular sesame oil
- Chilli Sauce1 Teaspoons
- Sriracha Hot Sauce (Optional)1 Teaspoons
- Vegetable Oil1/4 CupsTo fry chicken
- Seasoning For The ChickenSalt, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika (ground pepper)
How to make Peanut And Chicken Noodles
A delicious meal inspiration for your next noodle dish. You can substitute noodles with pasta like spaghetti.
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Set aside.
2. Cut the bell peppers into long strips or julienne.
3. In a bowl, add the soy sauce, chilli sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil and sriracha hot sauce(if you will be using). Mix and set aside.
4. Wash the chicken, season with salt, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika (chilli powder).
5. Add vegetable oil to a pan, heat up and fry the chicken until done. Don’t over fry.
**To prevent gummy noodles, you can cook the noodles while the chicken is frying. You can also boil the chicken if you prefer.
6. Take out the chicken, drain off most of the oil in the pan, leaving only a couple of tablespoons left.
7. Add the ginger and garlic to the oil, saute for about 1 or 2 minutes or until fragrant, then add the bell peppers.
8. Stir-fry for about 1 minute (don’t over cook so the peppers will retain their crunchiness) then put in back the chicken and the sauce mixture from step 3.
9. Stir, cook for about 30 seconds then add in the cooked noodles.
10. Stir until everything is combined and cook for about 2 minutes maximum (essentially to reheat noodles)
Done. Your easy Peanut And Chicken Noodles is ready to serve.
Be conscious of the sodium / salt content of whatever noodles you will be using. This dish can very easily become over salted so take note :)