- Pineapple4 PiecesFor the exact quantity, it was sliced into four large round pieces
- Fresh Ginger1 Pieces
- Dates40 GramsLocally called Dabino
- Ground Cinnamon1/2 Teaspoons
- HoneyTo taste, you can substitute with granulated sugar
- Ground Black Pepper (Optional)1/3 Teaspoons
How to make Pineapple Ginger Drink
1. Soak the dates in hot water until it is soft. Remove the seeds after softening.
2. Peel the pineapple and ginger. Ginger has a really concentrated taste so you should use more pineapple than ginger. Chop the pineapple and set aside.
3. Chop the ginger, put it in a blender, add about 1 cup of water and blend until smooth.
4. Using a fine sieve, drain the water off the ginger until the ginger pieces have been completely removed.
5. Set the ginger juice in a blender, add another cup of water, add the chopped pineapple, dates, cinnamon, black pepper, honey or granulated sugar and blend until smooth.
6. Sieve again in a fine sieve.
Your Pineapple Ginger Drink is ready. Chill and serve cold.
If you want to serve immediately, use cold water or add blocks of ice when blending.
For other drink recipes, check out this Banana Strawberry Smoothie and Zobo Drink (Roselle Drink) Recipes. Links down below.