- Plantain2 Large Fingers
- Tomato2 PiecesBlended
- Pepper3/4 CupsRough Blended. You can use any type of pepper, depending on how much heat you can take.
- Onion1 Small PiecesBlended or chopped
- Egg3 PiecesThis ingredient and the ingredients listed below this are for the egg sauce
- Turkey Breast100 GramsCooked and chopped into little bits or shredded. You can use any boneless, meaty part
- Fish100 GramsI used croaker fish, you can use any type of white fish or fish fillets. Remove the skin and cut into smaller bits or flake the fish.
- Onion1 PiecesBlended or chopped
- Tomato and Pepper Puree1 1/2 CupsBlend fresh tomato and pepper together. Ratio of tomato to peppers is up to you. You can also blend together with one onion
- Vegetable Oil1/4 to 1/2 Cups
- Garlic Powder1/4 to 1/2 Teaspoons
- Curry Powder1/4 to 1/2 Teaspoons
- Thyme1/4 Teaspoons
- Rosemary1/4 to 1/2 Teaspoons
- Salt and Seasoning CubesTo TasteAny Chicken seasoning cube will do
Peppered plantains are basically just fried plantains tossed in a pepper sauce. I paired with egg sauce but you can eat it alone or serve with some grilled or fried chicken or any stir-fry.
For the egg sauce, this is just a simple egg sauce recipe with turkey and fish added. You can serve the egg sauce with some boiled or fried yam, bread, rice and even pasta. For a plain egg sauce recipe without the extras, go here.
Peppered Plantain Recipe
Step 1. Slice the plantains, add oil to a pot and fry the plantain until golden brown. Set aside in a warm place.
Step 2. Add oil to a pot, heat up, add in the blended or chopped onion, fry for about 3 minutes then add in the blended tomato and pepper.
Step 3. Stir, season with salt, curry powder, ginger powder and thyme or any seasoning you want. Cook until the sauce is done.
Step 4. When the sauce is done, add in the plantains and toss it in the sauce for a couple of minutes. Done. Serve with anything you like.
Egg, Fish And Turkey Sauce Recipe
Step 1. Add oil to a pot, heat up, add in the chopped or blended onions, fry for about 4 minutes then add in the blended tomato and pepper puree.
Step 2. Stir, let it simmer for about 3 minutes then season with salt and seasoning cube, curry powder, garlic powder, thyme and rosemary.
Step 3. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add in the chopped/shredded turkey and chopped/flaked fish. Cook until the sauce is done. If you find it dehydrated at any point, supplement with a little water.
Step 4. When the sauce is done, break and beat the eggs into a bowl, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Step 5. Pour the eggs into the sauce, stir and cook until the eggs are done.
Done. Serve with the peppered plantains or with anything you like 🙂