- Unripe Plantain2 FingersSubstitute with ripe plantains if you prefer
- Plantain Seasoning Ingredients1.5 Tablespoon sugar, 1/4 Teaspoon Salt, 1.5 Teaspoons Cayenne Pepper or Chilli Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper, 1 Tablespoon Ginger Powder, 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder, 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- OilFor frying plantain
- Shrimps400 Grams
- Tomato3 PiecesChopped
- Chilli Pepper1 PiecesChopped
- Onion1 MediumChopped
- Garlic2 ClovesChopped
- Butter4 TablespoonsAbout 1/4 cup
- Curry Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Chilli Powder1/4 Teaspoons
- Salt and bouillon / seasoning cubeTo taste
For The Plantain Chips
1. Slice unripe plantain into any shape of choice.
2. In a small bowl, add all the plantain seasoning ingredients; 1.5 tablespoons of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of ginger powder, 1.5 teaspoons of cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and 1 tablespoon of onion powder. Mix all the seasoning ingredients together.
3. Season plantain with the seasoning. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
4. Add oil to a pan, heat up and fry plantains until golden.
For The Shrimps Sauce
1. Wash shrimps, season with a little curry powder, chilli powder, a pinch of Maggi cube or salt. Set aside.
2. Add butter to a pan, let it melt, then add a little oil (optional, about 2 tablespoons), Stir and heat up.
3. Add the chopped onions and garlic, saute for about 1 minute then add the chopped pepper.
4. Stir and saute for another 1 minute then add the chopped tomatoes.
5. Stir and let everything simmer for about 2 minutes then season with Maggi cube and salt to taste, curry powder and chilli powder.
6. Stir and let it cook for about 3 minutes, then add the shrimps.
***If it starts to dry up, you can supplement with a little water.
7. Stir and let it cook until shrimps is done.
Serve the Shrimps Sauce with the Plantain Chips or with fried or boiled ripe plantain, bread, yam, potato or rice.
You can substitute unripe plantains for ripe plantains.