- Basmati Rice2 Cupsor substitute with Jasmine Rice. Already cooked. For best results, use either basmati or jasmine rice instead of plain white rice
- Carrot1 PiecesFinely Chopped. Yields about 1/2 to 1 cup after chopping.
- Bell Pepper1/2 PiecesFinely Chopped. Red, Green And Yellow Bell Peppers. Yields about 1 1/4 cups after chopping.
- Light Soy Sauce2 Tablespoons
- Boneless Chicken100 GramsOr more. Chopped into little bits. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, white pepper and salt
- Egg5 PiecesOr less. Use as desired.
- Ginger Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Chicken Bouillon / Seasoning Cube1 Cubes
- SaltTo taste
- Allspice Seasoning1/2 Teaspoons
- Oil2 to 3 Tablespoons
- White Onion1 MediumFinely Chopped. Substitute with regular onions
- White Pepper1/2 TeaspoonsOr Black Pepper
A delicious Chinese Fried Rice Recipe. This is an updated recipe. Original recipe here
1. Season chicken with a little salt, onion powder, garlic powder and white pepper, add a few tablespoons of oil to a pan and fry chicken until it is cooked through.
2. Beat the eggs and season with a little salt and pepper. Using same oil (drain most of it), fry the eggs until done.
3. In a wok pan, add about 2 tablespoons of oil, heat up, add in the onions, saute for about a couple of minutes or until fragrant then add in the carrots and bell peppers.
4. Season with the chicken seasoning cube and an optional pinch of salt, allspice seasoning, white or black pepper and ginger powder, stir-fry for about a couple of minutes (don’t over cook the vegetables so they don’t lose their crunch), then add in the soy sauce.
5. Stir, then add in the cooked rice, chicken and eggs.
Stir until everything is combined and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, essentially to reheat the rice.
Add other mixed vegetables like sweet corn, peas and green beans if you want.
If you will be serving the rice with a sauce that has meat or mixed vegetables in it, it is probably best to cook a plain fried rice dish to avoid the dish being overly meaty or littered with vegetables. Just skip the veggies, chicken, you can leave the eggs.
How to cook : Add water to a pot, add in the basmati or jasmine rice, add in salt and chicken bouillon cube to taste, add the ginger powder and allspice seasoning and cook the rice until done. When the rice is cooked, add in the soy sauce and the fried eggs. Mix until all is combined then let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the colour of the rice darkens. Then serve the plain rice with any sauce of choice.