- Bell PepperYou can use scotch bonnet or any other type of red pepper
- SeasoningSalt, curry powder, seasoning cube. To taste
- Tomato Paste (Optional)
How to make Rice and Beans with Chicken Stew
1. Season the chicken with a little onions, chilli powder, curry powder, salt, add water to a pot and boil the chicken until it is cooked.
2. Blend the peppers, onions and tomatoes until smooth. Then add the blended paste to a pot and boil until the water has been drained off and the vegetables aren’t tasting as raw.
3. In a pot, add vegetable oil, heat and add the blended tomatoes, peppers and onions. If you will be using tomato paste, add it here. Simmer for about 10 minutes, then add some seasoning (seasoning cube and curry powder), leave it to simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes (for about 10 minutes if you don’t use tomato paste), then add chicken stock (from the just cooked chicken). Simmer for about 10 minutes then add the boiled chicken. Check for salt and if there isn’t any, add some more to taste. Cook for an extra 5 to 10 minutes, your chicken stew is done.
4. While the chicken stew is cooking, wash your beans and rice separately. In a pot, add beans first, add water and cook until the beans is nearly done and soft. Then add the rice to the pot of beans, add salt and a little chopped onions and cook both until done.
Your rice and beans with chicken stew is ready.