- Rice1 Cups
- Boneless Chicken300 GramsI used chicken fillets, use any kind of boneless chicken
- Tomato3 Pieces
- Pepper5 PiecesI used a mix of habanero and chilli pepper
- Chicken Stock2.5 Cups2 cups for the rice, 1/2 cup for the chicken sauce
- Salt And Seasoning CubesTo taste
- Paprika1/2 TablespoonsSubstitute with chilli powder (ground pepper) if you don't have paprika
- Curry Powder3/4 Tablespoons
- Garlic Powder1/4 to 1/2 Teaspoons
- Chicken Seasoning IngredientsI seasoned chicken with Seasoning cube and salt, 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 teaspoon white pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable Oil1/4 to 1/2 Cups
- OnionHalf Medium Size
1. Chop the chicken into smaller bits, wash the chicken thoroughly.
2. Season chicken with salt and seasoning cube, curry powder, white pepper, garlic powder, put it in a pot, add water (enough to get 3 cups of stock), add a little sliced onions and boil the chicken until done. Don’t boil for too long so it doesn’t come apart inside the pot. Separate the boiled chicken from the stock, set chicken and stock aside.
3. Wash the rice, in a pot, add the rice, add about 2 cups of chicken stock (I used 1 cup of rice so adjust quantity as needed), taste for salt and boil until the rice is done. Set rice aside.
4. While the rice is boiling, chop the onions, set aside. Blend the tomatoes and peppers together, set aside.
5. In a pot, add about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of oil, heat up, add the onions, let it fry for about 3 minutes.
6. Add the blended peppers and tomatoes, let it simmer for about 3 minutes then season with salt and seasoning cubes to taste, paprika, garlic powder and curry powder.
7. Let it cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, then add in the chicken stock, stir and let it cook for about 3 minutes, then add in the chicken.
8. Stir and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
Serve chicken sauce with the rice.