- Aubergine / Eggplant2 Pieces
- Tomatoes2 PiecesMedium Size
- Onions1/2 Cups
- pepper2-3 Pieces(depending on how hot/spicy you want it)
- Scent Leaf/ Clove Basil/ African Basil1 Handful
- Palm Oil1 Cooking SpoonsAverage Size
- Cray fish1 Cooking Spoons
- Seasoning1 Cubes
- saltTo desired taste
1. Pre heat the oven under 160°c. Chop the Eggplant into cubes. Season with salt and a litle drizzle of olive oil. Set on a baking tray and roast for 3 mins.
2. After baking, set it aside to cool before putting in a food processor or blender to puree (roughly).
3. Heat up the palm oil in a sauce pan. Add the chopped onion and pepper and sautee until soft (1 min)
4. Add the pureed Aubergine to the mixture. Stir and leave to cook for 1 mins under medium heat.
5. Blend the tomatoes and add to the mixture. Add seasoning and salt to taste. Leave to cook for 5 – 10 minutes.
6. Finally, Add the chopped scent leaf and cray fish. Stir and leave to simmer for a mins.
This can be served with Yam, Plantain and Sweet Potato.
The blended tomatoes can be skipped, if you have any leftover tomato base at home.